Monday, August 12, 2013

FREE Back to School Notebook Labels and Book Recommendations

Happy Monday!!

My summer is officially over, but it was a great one!!  I have compiled a list of my favorite summer reads for the classroom.  Which ones have you read? :)

My first recommendation I give: 
    and a BONUS 


Cleaning House: a Mom's 12-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement was delightful to read and powerful as well.  Kay Wyma shares her experience in helping her 4 children learn how empowering it is to do things for themselves.  She is candid and has many great tips for helping parents instill confidence in their children by not serving them, but encouraging them to show their young potential.

My next 4 recommendations all get:

While our school had begun to implement The 7 Habits of Happy Kids last year, this summer I was finally able to understand the roots of the that book by reading the original version, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.
I also read the accompanying Leader in Me, but found that the pictured 7 Habits was the most helpful because of the strategies and mindset to help me both in my professional as well as my personal life. :)

For my 3rd choice I picked  Instruction for All Students by Paula Rutherford. 
Because I love teaching students by giving them strategies, this book was the perfect find for helping me to help students in all areas of teaching: planning, assessment, differentiation, . . . you name it!  It is well organized and easy to read (as well as highlight, dog-ear, and for adding my post-its!).   

The next two books I will be studying in-depth as I teach from them this next school year. 
I was fortunate enough to get to meet the author, Linda Tognoni, at a workshop this summer.  I must excitedly admit she was able to explain phonics and phonemic awareness in ways that have made the most sense to me in all my former years of teaching (I'll be going into my 10th year this school year).  I can't wait to share the lessons with my students.  Super fabulous!!

And last but not least . . . I have caught on to the CAFE enthusiasm!!!  I have set up my board in my classroom and have my strategy lessons ready so bring on the students!!!  If you haven't heard of The Daily 5, The Math Daily 5, or the CAFE books, I can't recommend them enough!!  These two authors show step-by-step how to set up a literacy classroom that differentiates for the overall success of students by focusing on comprehension, accuracy, fluency, and expanded vocabulary.  Awesome!!

Thanks for reading and on to the freebie!!!  One of the activities on my lesson plans for my first days of school is to organize the incoming school supplies so . . . here are some notebook labels for you to download, print, and immediately use!!  Do you have Avery's 6 count shipping label pages?  These are set up to print, peel, and stick. :)  Enjoy!!






Blue Labels 
            Page 1
            Page 2 



Pink Labels
         Page 1
         Page 2










 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...