Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Teaching the Common Core: Speaking and Listening


Have you heard of the So So Happy characters?  Meet Tribe who can only shout compliments!!
My daughter picked this cute guy for her way of spending her tooth fairy money and once I read the tag, I was hooked!  This organization is fabulous for encouraging children to spread kindness!

Why am I excited to share this as part of my techniques to implement the Common Core?  Check out how he can help students address the Speaking and Listening standards:
  • CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.1b Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., gaining the floor in respectful ways, listening to others with care, speaking one at a time about the topics and texts under discussion).
My class really loved giving positive feedback to their presenting peers using Tribe (though he needed several reminders to not SHOUT!!).  Check it out and have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...